The SCC Alumni Association offers a handful of scholarships to students who intend to continue their education after receiving a degree from SCC. Awards are available for transfer students (through SCCAA) and for students who want to continue studying at SCC (through SCC Foundation).
Scholarships to transferring graduates include two $1,000 awards (one recipient per campus), one $500 award to the highest overall GPA, and one variable award to a student pursuing a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) career. Winners are announced at commencement. Applications for Transfer scholarships are available only through the SCC Alumni Association application below.
Continuing scholarships worth $500 are awarded to SCC students who wish to continue their education at SCC (one recipient per campus). Applications for these Sophomore awards are available only through the SCC Foundation online application. Use the Apply Now button below.
To be eligible for either scholarship, applicants must:
- Complete degree requirements for an existing AA, AS or AAS degree from SCC
- Intend to enroll at SCC or other accredited institution within three to six months of receiving the award
- Have a current FAFSA on file with the SCC Financial Aid office
- Successfully complete the appropriate online application
- Provide at least one reference letter to be considered for either scholarship. For tips on writing scholarship application essays, click here.
Deadline to apply:
4:30PM CST, April 1
Contact the Office for Institutional Advancement, Becky Rump, Executive Director, at (319) 208-5065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org